Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thankful Soup

I think back to 2009, and I am reminded that I have many things for which I can be thankful. I also see some areas in my life that I would like to grow in 2010. So, tonight I write my thanks. Perhaps tomorrow I will gain the courage to write what I hope 2010 will look like in my life.

1. I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus Christ, and His willingness to always extend grace to me; though I continually fall short of portraying Him and His love to my family, friends, and strangers.

2. Mr. Right. Adam is a fantastic balance to me and my (many) quirks. He is loving, patient, kind, and the best father to Zachary. Plus, he's hot.

3. Zachary. That kid brings smiles and laughs each day. His arrival in our lives was life-altering. It turned us upside down and inside out. I never knew I could love so much or so hard. My favorite phrase of his (recently) is, "I dig you, Mom!" Could it get any sweeter?

4. Employment. In the midst of a highly tumultuous economy, Adam and I both have steady employment. I am increasingly reminded of what a true gift this is; and as if that isn't enough, I truly enjoy what I do, and the people with whom I work.

5. Home. We have a warm, cozy home. It isn't the biggest--it's a townhouse--or the swankiest in the area. But it's ours, and we laugh, play, eat, and enjoy life in this little home.

6. Family and friends. This year has brought with it pain, waiting, wondering, and more questions than there are stars in the sky. Through it all, I have had the support and love of my family and friends, who often offered encouragement with a simple smile or hug. You know who you are. Thank you.

I am deeply, richly blessed. Reflecting on the good in life often makes the bad more bearable.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

hmmm... i wouldn't be source of any those family questions or wonders would I??? lol... I love u guys-Matthew :D

Kelly said...

Happy New Year, Tiffany! It's so great to be able to always rest in our true hope and promise: Jesus and his grace!

nikhendricks said...

I'm glad I checked in today - good to "hear" how things are going - maybe when the snow clears we can meet at the Arboretum again? Or maybe a McDonalds playplace in the meantime?